Year 1 Semester 1: Lab Sessions Recap

Biomedical Science Year 1 Semester 1: Lab Sessions Recap

Labs are definitely something I was worried about before starting my course. I hadn't been able to complete my practical exam for Biology A-level (due to COVID) and had never even been in a lab before, so I was nervous that I'd be out of my depth. Fortunately, that is the first thing that was addressed in my first lab session! The tutors suspected that most people hadn't been in a lab before, so we were all taught the basics. This made sure that everyone was on the same page and had basic knowledge of labs, even if they'd never been in one before. It was very helpful, as now I didn't feel as unprepared. I had been able to see pictures of the lab off my university's website before I went there, but I was never able to go there in person. I had planned to, but because of coronavirus, all the open days had been cancelled. This post is just giving you an insight into what my lab sessions were for the first semester. I know they differ between university's, but I hope you can get a vague idea.







Comments